- New Season of “Who Do You Think You Are?” is announced. The new season begins Sunday, April 3 at 9/8c. Watch a promo here: http://www.tlc.com/tv-shows/who-do-you-think-you-are/videos/premiere-promo/
- 5 New Genealogy Websites to Try in 2016. These sites were some of the many new websites that were introduced at the recent RootsTech. http://genealogistsblog.blogspot.com/2016/02/5-new-genealogy-websites-to-try-in-2016.html?m=1
- Plotting Your Ancestor’s Village with Kartenmeister.The Kartenmeister website helps you locate more than 71,000 places in what was once eastern Prussia (this includes areas that are now Poland and Russia). http://www.familytreemagazine.com/article/speaking-their-language-kartenmeister-sidebar?utm_source=newsletter&utm_campaign=sft-dha-nl-160310&utm_content=826562_FTI160310&utm_medium=email
- PBS’ “Genealogy Roadshow” Announces 2016 Season Premiere. The show will begin Tuesday, May 17, 2016. http://www.pbs.org/genealogy-roadshow/home/
- Another genealogy television program is Long Lost Family, airing Sundays at 10/9 central on TLC. http://www.tlc.com/tv-shows/long-lost-family/
- Skagit Valley Genealogical Society announces its Educational Program for April 9, 2016: “An Introduction to Eastern European Family History Research” featuring Canadian Genealogist, Dave Obee. The Skagit Valley Genealogical Society (SVGS) presents, An Introduction to Eastern European Family History Research on Saturday, April 9, 1-3PM at the Burlington Senior Center, (Use the East Entrance) 1011 Greenleaf St., Burlington. The guest speaker is Eastern European genealogy expert, Dave Obee. Mr. Obee will explain how, with the help of new geographic tools and more records being placed online, it is now easier than ever to locate records in Eastern European countries like Poland and Ukraine. The program is free and open to the public to attend. Details: www.skagitvalleygenealogy.org, firstname.lastname@example.org, or (360) 757-6224.